Hey guys! So I'm rarely on this site..like maybe Ill check it once a month.
I get a lot of notes and commissions requests here that I see like months later lol
So I decided to post all my commission info here and the link to request a quote so your messages wont go unanswered anymore.
Please do not pm me for commissions. PLEASE PLEASE. ILL NEVER SEE THEM AND YOULL GO COSTUME-LESS.
I specialize in Disney costumes but I can do others Just ask!
My Disney costumes are one of a kind. I can make park replicas but I love to make unique dresses.
I'm Roxie Ceron of Elkaydee Threads!
I have been sewing for around 9 years. I am self taught. Everything I have learned is from experience, youtube, and many many many books as well as my mentor/friend Ahza Miracle, multiple masquerade winner from Mexico.
What I do!
1. I focus on quality and craftsmanship. I make my costumes like actual functioning clothes. They are not made just to cover your body but to work with your body.
I do not skip corners.
Every single cut piece is serged. Every seam is pressed every time it is worked on.
Modesty panels are included for those who want a lace back.
2. I do not make floppy saggy costumes. There is structuring inside my costumes. Which means besides the fashion fabric and the lining, I use coutil, duck cloth, canvas, twill tape, interfacing, steel boning, etc.
. My seams are meant to flatter your waistline, not straight, flat and unflattering such as tube-like (unless the character is has such features such as children).
3. Every costume I make is different. You will never get the same costume someone has nor will someone else have the same costume as you. I do not copy any other designers. I find this really disrespectful. The only time I will do this is IF I have their permission and I will still make it unique rather than a blantant copy. I have had some bigger designers copy me and it is not a fun feeling. I would not do the same to others.
4. Fabrics and notions are cheaper in price which reflect on the final bill. I live by the fabric district where I am friends with many shop owners and get discounted (already cheap) fabrics. Also a huge selection of any fabric you can think of. Which means there are multiple choices you can choose from.
5. I do not line with lining fabric. I find them too cheap and thin and uncomfortable against the skin. I either use cotton (easier to spot clean/soaks up sweat better than polyester) or the same fabric as the outside. This also helps the costumes last longer.
6. I prefer not to use screen accurate fabrics. Meaning, flat plain fabrics are only used as a contrast fabric. I like to make things unique to each wearer and to have visual interest. I love realism and broadway styling. Trims are my friend!
7. I have multiple design skills and appliances available for additional fees. I own a airbrush machine and am experienced with airbrushing and can be included if needed or wanted. I can treat your costume with glitter that will not come off. Rhinestoning is also available. I do own an embroidery machine. I do not own design software but I outsource to a lovely lady who changes any image to a file at a low price.
8. Every step of the process of making your costume will be uploaded. Every project gets their own folder in my FB page where you can see everything that goes on in making it.
9. IF. and IF costumes do not fit once it arrives. Do NOT worry. I will NOT leave you hanging. I will do EVERYTHING to get it perfect and done for you.
10. I do not use patterns sold in stores or online. They are meant for home use and say so on the packets. These designs are protected and can cause problems if you sell what you made with them.
I pattern and draft every piece by hand. If a character has seam lines in their design, you costume will have those exact seams.
Now this all takes money and time and I understand some of you are in a budget or have a set vision the outcome.
I do do budget costumes. Instead of steel boning, I can use zip ties. (They don't warp like plastic boning). Screen accurate fabrics foe costumes fall into this category. If I must and you wish it, I can skip the structuring which will save on material and labor cost.
I do make custom designs. If you want an elaborate different unique gown or a humanized version of a character, I can sketch those out for you for free. If I sketch out a design for you and you decided not to commission me, please do not take that design to another seamstress. That is extremely disrespectful
I do NOT do;
Props including wings.
Wigs are limited. I do have certain theme park styling knowledge for some wigs. I use techniques from them and from drag wig stylists. Check my etsy,www.etsy.com/shop/elkaydeethre…
For wigs not listed, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through etsy.
Now the important part, price. I charge by the hour + material cost. I charge $15 an hour. I DO accept payments. However I do ask for the estimated material cost upfront. Rush orders (deadlines in the same month) have a $50-$100 fee depending on how complicated it is.
If you wish to inquire for an estimate,
PLEASE use my 123 contact form.
After I have reviewed prices and looked up fabrics, I will send you an email with choices for you.
If you wish to go through with it, I will send you a contract and a measurement worksheet for you to fill out. This is needed back asap with a $50 deposit to hold your slot. This depost is not refundable.
Once the first payment is given, I can start the process of your costume, such as patterns and shopping.
I am no longer doing orders by prioritizing deadlines. I will finish orders by first come first serve. There is a 1-2 month production time at the moment. Please keep this in mind when ordering. Rush orders are available for a certain cost as posted above.
Keep in mind for Halloween deadlines, last year I was booked for Halloween by June!
Thanks for reading ^^
Check www.facebook.com/lkdthreads/in… on the bottom!
Oh one more thing! I do live in a house with many dogs, most are hypoallergenic poodles but I do have 2 pugs that shed. If this is a problem, please let me know!